Losing weight is an essential part of the pre-operative precautions needed to be taken before a weight loss surgery. While it is not advised to get slim drastically because it may be harder to maintain the lost weight, and you may lose more muscle mass than expected, it is inevitable for people who need to reach a specific goal before their surgery.
Weight loss is incurred essentially through a calorie deficit. When you consume fewer calories and burn more, you are said to be in a calorie deficit. Securing a free weight loss surgery grant can be Great assistance., but it’s essential to perform this healthily to prevent it from negatively affecting you. Apart from being in a calorie deficit, with or without the help of a free weight loss surgery grant, you must also work on other factors to lose the extra pounds speedily.
12 Scientifically Approved Tips To Lose Weight Fast
As mentioned earlier, being in a calorie deficit is a significant part of your weight loss routine. However, considering different types of weight loss surgery could be helpful as well. In addition, adopting methods that promote rapid weight loss can be beneficial, not only during your weight loss journey but also if incorporated into your daily routine, leading to a healthier lifestyle post-surgery.
- Eat A Balanced Diet
- Having a balanced diet can help you lose weight drastically. Including various fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats can help you hit your goal sooner.
- You must also avoid consuming processed foods, sugary drinks, and high-calorie snacks excessively.
- Control Your Portion Size
- Portion size can keep you satiated psychologically and help you avoid snacking.
- Eating smaller portions can help you manage your calorie intake without feeling deprived.
- Choose a 10-inch lunch plate instead of a 12-inch dinner plate to eat less automatically. It can cut down 100-200 calories daily and 10-20 pounds yearly.
- Sweat It Out Regularly
- Including both cardiovascular exercises (like running, cycling, or swimming) and strength training (using weights or bodyweight exercises) in your routine can help you sweat your calories away.
- Exercise not only helps burn calories but also helps build muscle and improve overall health.
- While everyone’s anatomy works differently, you can lose 10 pounds in a year without dieting by burning an extra 100 calories every day. Try one of these activities:
- Walk 1 mile, about 20 minutes.
- Pull weeds or plant flowers for 20 minutes.
- Mow the lawn for 20 minutes.
- Clean house for 30 minutes.
- Jog for 10 minutes.
- Drink It Up
- Drink plenty of water to help control your appetite and prevent overeating. It also helps boost metabolism throughout the day.
- Say No To Sugar and Refined Carbs
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates hinder your metabolism, and minimizing the intake of sugary foods, processed snacks, and sugary beverages can help you shed the extra fat that has gathered around due to years of having fries and Nutter Butters.
- One study compared an extra 450 calories daily from jelly beans vs. soda. The candy eaters unconsciously ate fewer calories overall, but not so for the soda drinkers. They gained 2.5 pounds in four weeks.
- Practice Mindful Eating
- It is essential to pay attention to what you’re eating. You must savor each bite and avoid distractions like watching TV while eating.
- Sleep Well
- According to a University of Michigan researcher who ran the numbers for a 2,500-calorie-per-day intake, sleeping an extra hour a night could help a person drop 14 pounds in a year.
- Poor sleep can disrupt your hormones, leading to weight gain. You must have at least 7-9 hours of quality sleep per night to keep your cortisol levels in check, in turn helping you lose weight.
- Manage Stress
- High-stress levels can lead to emotional eating.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing to manage stress effectively.
- Keep a Food Journal
- Tracking your food intake can help you become more aware of your eating habits and identify areas for improvement.
- Seek Support
- Consider joining a weight loss group or finding a friend or family member to support your weight loss journey.
- Set Realistic Goals
- Aim for gradual weight loss, such as 0.5 to 1 kilogram (1 to 2 pounds) per week.
- Rapid weight loss can be unsustainable and harmful.
- Consult a Healthcare Professional
- If you have any underlying health conditions or concerns, it’s wise to consult a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian before starting any weight loss plan.
Sample Diet Plan For Balanced and Quicker Weight Loss
Before starting any meal plan, especially considering the lifestyle changes after weight loss surgery, it’s essential to consult with your healthcare provider or a registered dietitian to ensure it’s suitable for you.
- Scrambled eggs with spinach and cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice of whole-grain toast
- 1 small fruit (e.g., a small apple or a handful of berries)
- Greek yogurt with a sprinkle of nuts or seeds
- Grilled chicken breast with a side of steamed vegetables (e.g., broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower)
- Quinoa or brown rice as a small side portion
- Sliced cucumber or bell pepper with hummus
- Baked or grilled fish (e.g., salmon or tilapia) with lemon and herbs
- Steamed asparagus and green beans
- Small side salad with mixed greens and a light vinaigrette dressing
Snack (if needed):
- A small handful of almonds or walnuts
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
The Bottom Line
Losing weight naturally is much easier and healthier, but you can use these scientifically approved methods when you need to lose weight fast. These methods ensure faster weight loss and help you keep the lost weight away. You can also try to use the sample diet plan to begin your journey.
Stay fit!! Stay healthy!!!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I lose weight in 7 days?
Create an exercise plan to lose weight in 7 days. Dieting alone will get you nowhere. Include various exercises for each day and be consistent. Try to mix a burst of high-intensity activities into your regular aerobic exercises. Aerobics, swimming, and Zumba are helpful options for rapid weight loss.
Can I lose 5 kg in a week?
While it is not advisable to do so, you CAN lose 5 kgs in a week. You would need to consume only 500-1,000 calories daily, which is a meager amount and likely not sustainable or healthy for most people. In fact, trying to lose 5 kg in one week is generally not realistic or healthy.