The top branded toothpaste most dentists recommend to maintain gum health includes Crest Gum Detoxify, Sensodyne Pronamel, Colgate Total, Parodontax, and Tom’s of Maine. However, it’s important to note that the best toothpaste for gum may vary depending on your needs and the severity of gum-related diseases and issues.
Dental hygiene is something we mostly never pay enough heed to; when it comes to choosing the best toothpaste for gums, we barely know that to maintain dental health and prevent gum disease, we require certain ingredients in our toothpaste that work for our specific needs.
Find the Best Toothpaste for Gum Disease
Almost 64.7 million people suffer from some form of gum disease in the United States; that’s about half of American aged 30 or older, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). With increasing age, gum disease only prevails, with almost 70.1% of people aged 65 or above suffering.
Severe infection in the gum can forever damage your teeth and impact your jawbone. As a result, periodontal diseases have become common oral health problems in the United States. Here, you will get to understand the best toothpaste for periodontal disease. Keep an engagement.
It’s always important to keep your oral health hygienic and seek necessary changes in your gum-supporting applications, such as the elements in your toothpaste, to maintain good oral health.
Following are some significant benefits you can achieve by paying enough attention to what kind of toothpaste you’re using and what your gum condition requires.
- Reducing Inflammation
- Inflammation is often the first sign of gum disease, it’s essential to notice the current condition of your teeth, and the best kind of toothpaste will help reduce inflammation and prevent gum swelling.
- Preventing the Gum Diseases
- If you leave your current gum condition exposed to ruptured tooth enamels and other infectious bacteria, there are chances you may have to suffer tooth loss. The best toothpaste for periodontal disease helps prevent these gum diseases before it’s too late.
- Strengthening the Gum
- Ingredients like fluoride in some toothpaste significantly help strengthen your gum and prevent it from becoming weak and vulnerable to harmful bacteria and infections.
- Fighting bad breath
- Odor-causing bacteria can be killed by the best toothpaste for periodontitis diseases and prevent bad breath.
- Whitening Teeth
- Some of the best gum toothpaste contains special whitening agents for your teeth that can help remove surface stains and bring you a better smile.
There are many other advantages of using the best toothpaste for gum disease, such as removing Gingivitis and preventing receding and bleeding gums.
Irritated with Gums? Clinical Studies on Best Gum Repair Toothpaste
There are some clinical citations that the number of surveys and research has effectively proved. In addition, some subsequent studies confirm the benefits of using the best toothpaste for periodontal disease.
- The Journal of Clinical Periodontology, published in 2019, found that Toothpaste that contains stannous fluoride and zinc citrate helps tremendously reduce gum bleeding and inflammation in patients.
- One study published in the Journal of Clinical Dentistry in 2020 observed that arginine and calcium carbonate are the essential ingredients in toothpaste that will help reduce gum inflammation and improve oral health.
- In 2018, a study observed in the Journal of the Indian Society of Periodontology found that the best toothpaste for Gingivitis containing aloe vera and tea tree oil helps in reducing gingival inflammation and gum bleeding.
Often the times, we avoid visiting the dentist for our common gum disease symptoms and tries to get along with some easy tips and purchase where we do not need to supply attention. Please avoid such commercial kinds of toothpaste and keep your trust in dentistry professional recommendations and clinical prescriptions only.
Soothe Your Sensitive Gums: Best Toothpaste for Gingivitis
Gingivitis causes mild irritation and inflammation of your gum, a prevalent gum disease in the United States. In addition, it can affect almost all age groups of people. However, the good news is: it is preventable and reversible through the best toothpaste for gingivitis.
When choosing the best toothpaste for Gingivitis, you upscale an essential step toward oral health. Here, we have listed some of the best gingivitis toothpaste that will help you improve the condition of your gums.
- Sensodyne Pronamel
- This Dentifrice protects your gum against acid erosion and strengthens the enamel to improve overall health and quality, and considered the best toothpaste for gum repair by adults.
- It saves your nerves from exposure, provides concurrent protection against the acid wear of your gum, and rehardens the weakened enamel.
- Crest Gum Detoxify
- This is the
- which will help you remove and neutralize the harmful bacteria along the gumline and helps to prevent Gingivitis.
- It has an active ingredient called stannous fluoride that is clinically proven to treat gum recession and bleeding and reduce inflammation.
- Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening
- The natural ingredient in the formulation of this toothpaste, like zinc citrate and xylitol, helps relieve your gingivitis and prevent plaque buildup and gum inflammation.
- It is natural and free from artificial preservatives like colors, flavors, and sweeteners. Hence, it helps in promoting a traditional way of healing your gums.
See More: Best Braces Colors For Your Teeth 2023
Best Toothpaste for Receding Gums: Stop Gum Recession
When the gum tissue pulls back from the teeth, exposing more of the tooth surface or going beyond the tooth root, such receding or gingival recession happens, and you require the best toothpaste for receding gums, which can be caused by various reasons such as aging, aggressive brushing, and periodontal diseases.
Due to the lack of the best toothpaste for receding gums, this gingival recession is most commonly caused by poor dental hygiene. Teeth loosening, sensitive teeth, or the appearance of tooth lengthening can be visible signs of receding gums.
Here, you shall get some of the best toothpaste for gum recession which helps you heal the overall health and quality of your teeth and prevents inflammation and permanent loss.
- Colgate Total Gum Health
- The benefit of this best toothpaste for gums is that it contains an antibacterial ingredient named “triclosan,” which helps fight periodontitis and promotes better gum health.
- This Dentifrice also contains a proprietary blend of ingredients called “Gum Defense,” which will help you prevent further recessions.
- Sensodyne Pronamel
- It is a popular choice among the youth since it is specially designed to strengthen tooth enamel and protect against acid erosion which is the agent of gum recession. It also contains fluoride that helps against tooth decare and inflammation.
- The ingredient fluoride in this best toothpaste for gums recession helps remineralize the tooth enamel, which was previously damaged due to acid erosion.
- This toothpaste is designed explicitly for gum recession issues. It contains a blend of herbal extracts such as chamomile and echinacea that helps reduce recession and inflammation and promote overall dental health.
- It comes with clean mint, active gum repair, fresh mint, whitening, and complete protection from pure fresh mint. In addition, it helps resolve multiple gum diseases, as it can be considered an excellent toothpaste for swollen gums.
Get Relief: Best Toothpaste for Bleeding Gums
Bleeding is the most common cause of unhealthy gum conditions and is often a sign that your gum might get decayed. When your gum becomes inflamed or irritated, it might bleed during brushing, flossing, or eating. This is when you require the best toothpaste for bleeding gums to prevent some severe conditions such as leukemia or platelet disorders.
If you have started to experience bleeding, you must visit a professional dentist and get the best recommendation or prescription for your periodontal conditions.
Following are some best toothpaste for bleeding gums that improves your oral hygiene and reduces the buildup of plaque on the teeth and gums that leads to bacterial infections affecting the gums.
- This is specifically designed best toothpaste for gums for people with a dry mount who suffer from gum diseases or bleeding.
- It contains enzymes that help to promote saliva production. It does not have harsh ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate, which can irritate the gums and exacerbate bleeding.
- Arm & Hammer Complete Care
- This is considered the best toothpaste for inflamed gums since it contains backing soda; the ingredients help neutralize the acid in the mouth and enhance the healthy oral PH Balance.
- With this Dentifrice, you can remove up to 3x more plaques in hard-to-reach areas. It is generally less abrasive than other best toothpaste for bleeding gums.
- Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Pro-Flex
- This is the best toothpaste for sore gums containing the stabilized stannous fluoride ingredient that can instantly relieve and help reduce gum bleeding and inflammation.
- This Dentifrice also contains a proprietary blend of ingredients and a mild abrasive, which will help you remove plaque and strengthens the gums by preventing tooth decay.
We see how some toothpaste containing different ingredients benefits several gum conditions. We have discussed and highlighted the list of some of the best toothpaste for gum disease, which directly contribute to your oral health; the choices were made easy now for you. Although, in acute gum diseases, your dentists’ prescriptions and recommendations must not be neglected.
What is the best toothpaste for gum problems?
Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Pro-Flex, Sensodyne Pronamel, and Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening are some of the most popular and widely used toothpaste for gum problems.
Can toothpaste help restore gums?
Toothpaste carries certain ingredients to boost the health of your gum and prevent harmful bacteria and diseases. Using the right kind of toothpaste can restore the gums.
What toothpaste is good for inflamed gums?
Parodontax and Crest Gum Detoxify are among the best toothpaste for inflamed gums. They have the right ingredients to manage oral health and strengthen gums.
Is Sensodyne good for gum disease?
It is a clinically proven toothpaste, recommended mainly by dentists; for 60 years, this brand has created a unique formulation and proposition in their more comprehensive range of toothpaste to manage oral health.